Vermont Continuing Education COURSE
Preparing a Market Analysis - Best Practices
Perhaps no task is more important than preparing a professional comparative market analysis. Whether for a buyer or seller, the CMA, properly done, can mean thousands of dollars in their pockets, and can make the difference between a sale and a sale fail. But because it’s such a well-worn tool, it’s tempting for a licensee to get complacent with the CMA, and “phone it in.” Don’t be that licensee!
This four-hour course covers the how-tos of a professionally researched and presented comparative market analysis.
Course highlights include:
- The three-step approach to market analyses: the market, the property, the numbers
- Sources for subject property data and market data
- Using expired and active listings to inform pricing strategy
- How to prioritize criteria when selecting comparables
- How to adjust and homogenize selected comparables
- How to weight selected comparables when selecting a list price range
- Market readiness strategies for the seller and the property
- Listing strategies
- Negotiating strategies for any market (creating win-win transactions)